Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 11 July 2006 09:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> >> 5. I'll need committer rights to the PL/Java part in order to maintain
> >> it.
> >
> > Does our CVS setup cater for seggregated rights like this? Or would that
> > be done on a trust basis?
>
> No, and yes.  However, I don't have a problem with giving Thomas
> committer access --- I'm just dubious about having PL/Java in the
> core distro at all.

Personally I would like to see in core, but it is not from a technical
perspective. It is purely from a marketing perspective (doubt that carries
much weight here ;)).

Having pl/Java helps PostgreSQL in the minds of all those tie wearing decision
making freaks... and before you say it, No. I do not wear a tie.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

--   === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/