Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:30:51PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > (which means you have to deal with failures in one database and not
> > another).  Is the idea that this is multi-master?
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to write a set of triggers for MSSQL
> that would allow you to run slony daemons that connected to it and a
> postgresql server and did replication.   Just mad scientisting for a
> second.

Well, yes, but that's why I asked whether it's multimaster.  Because
if so, it'll be at least tricky to do under Slony I.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier