Re: getting better performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky
Subject Re: getting better performance
Date
Re: getting better performance
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 09:28:39AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 01:40, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> Do you add / remove tables a lot?  Could be you've got system catalog
> bloat.

Yes, almost each table is dropped and re-created in 3-5 days.

> do you have autovacuum running?

Yes.

> What version of pgsql are you running?

psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.0.0

> What OS?

CentOS release 3.7 (Final)

> What file system?

ext3

> What kind of machine are you using?

Pentium IV, 1.8 GHz

> How much memory does it have?

512 Mb RAM

> How many disk drives?

single

> Are you using RAID?  hardware / software?  battery backed cache or no?

no

> Do you have one or two, or thousands of connections at a time?

something like 20 connections (peak).

> Do you use connection pooling if you have lots of connections to handle?

My application uses Jakarta Commons DBCP module.

--
Eugene Dzhurinsky