Re: PostgreSQL or mySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: PostgreSQL or mySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> I hope my question does not start war of the posts. This question is
> genuine. Please answer objectively:
> I am test setting a Master Server (MS) with CentOS 4.3, freeRADIUS, DNS,
> Apache, (mySQL & PostgreeSQL), PHP, Postfix, etc. This Master Server will
> have all the software I we need for our operation. We will copy MS to each
> server and setup a load balancing servers.
> I have very little knowledge of either PostgreeSQL or mySQL. Please advise
> me as to which of these two software package to use? I need some specific
> examples as to superiority of one package over the other. I prefer using the
> package which has a goof GUI database design.
> Please help. I am posting this message to both lists. I am specifically
> interested in opinion of system analysts who have used both of these
> packages.

I am not the experienced analyst that you seek.  But there are many threads generated by such ones
on this very topic:

Here is one such thread: (there are many others if you care to search for them :-) )
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-03/msg01004.php

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.