Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mark@mark.mielke.cc
Subject Re: Fixed length datatypes. WAS [GENERAL] UUID's as
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 02:02:32AM -0400, mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> It was written by Nathan Wagner <nw@hydaspes.if.org> and myself, and
> is based off the OSSP ( http://www.ossp.org/ ) UUID implementation.
> I'm not an expert on the license, but it seems acceptable to me:
> If there is interest - I'm sure Nathan and I would be willing to put
> it on pgfoundry, and at some point give it up for inclusion into
> PostgreSQL.

This might require a little bit of research. It appears that the
development version of OSSP UUID may provide its own PostgreSQL
'bindings'. I may try and contact the author of the OSSP UUID and
see whether any changes we have that he does not, can be rolled
into his version...

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/