Re: Re-thing PG_MODULE_MAGIC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Re-thing PG_MODULE_MAGIC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
All,

> FATAL:  incompatible library "/usr/lib/libumem.so": missing magic block
> HINT:  Extension libraries are now required to use the
> PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
>
> Should we really be requiring PG_MODULE_MAGIC for stuff that wasn't
> built with PG?   This seems like a way to break a lot of people's
> software.

Never mind, Neil C. just pointed out that we shouldn't be using
preload_libraries for libumem anyway -- it's sloppy.   However, I do think
that we should brace ourselves for a slew of bug reports; if the Sun
testing guys are misusing preload_libraries this way, they won't be the
only onese.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus