Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(), - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: TODO: Add pg_get_acldef(), pg_get_typedefault(), pg_get_attrdef(),
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Trying to get back on point. What is the scope of work for the TODO
> > item? Forget everything else I brought up. What is the goal of the
> > existing TODO?
>
> I'm not sure that the TODO item has a reason to live at all, but surely
> the first item of work for it should be to figure out what its use-case
> is.  If pg_dump isn't going to use these functions, what will?

The original motivation for the functions was that we already have some
functions like this in the backend, and they are used by pg_dump, so for
completeness someone suggested they should be added, and then we can
decide if pg_dump should use them, but we can revisit all of this.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com