Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:22:11AM -0400, A.M. wrote:
> It would be nice to keep the gettimeofday()s wherever they are most useful
> on hardware/software where they are cheap. Perhaps a compile-time option?

I think making it optional at compile time is worse, because then at
support time you might have to recompile to get the option you want.

Right now I'm confused though. I was under the impression the changes
were going to be ripped out because it was decided to be unworkable. I
think improvements can be made but I'm unsure if there's any
interest...

Have a nice day,