Re: restoring data tree from old 7.3 database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: restoring data tree from old 7.3 database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 04:31:52 -0700,
  Jeroen Kransen <jfk_75@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to restore an old Postgresql 7.3 database using an 8.0 server?  When I use the 7.3 data directory on
8.0,it gives an error that it's not compatible, not to my surprise. I could install an old PostgreSQL 7.3 somewhere,
readthe databases there and make a real pg_dump, but I was wondering if there's an easier way. If only because I don't
knowwhere to find a 7.3 installation :)

Not from the data directory.
The source and various binaries for 7.3 are still available on the PostgreSQL
web site.