the problem plz solve - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From vijay nikam
Subject the problem plz solve
Date
List pgsql-admin
i install the postgresql with service and create data base after that i uninstall it and install without service when i run it with pg_ctl its work fine

but when i copy structure of  8.1 folder and overwrite it on other m/c or install postgresql folder and try to run the pg_ctl command then it gives the following error

could not create lock file "postmaster.pid" permission denied

plz told me the my way to overwrite the folder 8.1 folder to achive the database is valid way or not and if i want to do that so what way i achive it

plz send me ur advise i need that very urgent

vijay

    Vijay J. Nikam