Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Announce: GPL Framework centered on Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 04:02:36PM -0400, Kenneth Downs wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> >Kenneth Downs wrote:
> >
> >>Hello folks,
> >>
> >>My company has developed an application development framework that
> >>targets PostgreSQL as its back-end, with PHP in the web layer.
> >>
> >>We are inviting any early adopters who may wish to experiment to
> >>download and install the code.   You may contact me off-list with any
> >>support or other questions.
> >>
> >>Licensing is GPL.
> >
> >Sounds great! But why GPL? Are you looking to sell licenses?
>
> GPL is to spread it as far and wide as possible as fast as possible.

If that's your goal, consider the BSDL or similar.  There are lots of
outfits where people are forbidden flat-out to get GPL code.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!