Re: .pgpass file and unix domain sockets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: .pgpass file and unix domain sockets
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:43:42AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> > I send in the appended documentation patch to fix at least the
> > documentation.

> This is wrong according to my tests.  "localhost" *does* work,
> at least in some cases.

I see the problem now... I got confused by the debian package. There, psql
is a wrapper that explicitly sets environment variables including
PGHOST and then calls `the real' psql...

So you're clearly right, the problem is less severe than I thought. Sorry
for the noise.

Joachim