Re: Mention pg_dump version portability - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Mention pg_dump version portability
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 12:21:06PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have applied this patch that mentions pg_dump portability to 8.1.X and
> CVS HEAD.

Would it be worth recommending using the custom format over plain? I see
plenty of issues with incompatabilities in the plain version, but I
don't think I've ever seen problem with the custom format (though this
could just be because everyone uses the default...)