Re: French PDF manual - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: French PDF manual
Date
Re: French PDF manual
List pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Should we modify the doc build process to generate XML and convert
> that to PDF, or allow it as an option, because PDF generation has
> always been a problem from SGML (very slow)?

If the FOP-based build works better than Jade, by all means let's use
that.  Last time I looked at FOP (years ago, admittedly), it broke at
about page 10.  Obviously, Guillaume and company are getting better
results now.

What I would like to know, however, is whether FOP runs on a Free(tm)
Java implementation.  It seems that you need Sun's JDK to run it and
that will be a problem if it's to become our primary build method.

--
Peter Eisentraut