Re: Slow restoration question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Stone
Subject Re: Slow restoration question
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:40:15PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>Note that I'm referring to bonnie++ as was an earlier poster.  It
>certainly seems capable of giving you a good idea of how your hardware
>will behave under load.

IME it give fairly useless results. YMMV. Definately the numbers posted
before seem bogus. If you have some way to make those figures useful in
your circumstance, great. Too often I see people taking bonnie numbers
at face value and then being surprised that don't relate at all to
real-world performance. If your experience differs, fine.

Mike Stone