Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace
Date
Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace  (Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:
> Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> writes:
> > As I said the leftovers are likely to be caused by hard kills and
> > backend crashes, so I would not go into deeper analysis, but maybe the
> > finding and possibly removing of such leftovers should be half-automated
> > to assist server admins.
>
> It's been discussed.  Personally I'm afraid of the idea of automatically
> deleting files that seem unreferenced, but having a tool to find them
> for manual deletion isn't a bad idea.  I think Bruce had a prototype
> patch at one point --- not sure what the status is.

I have work someone did in the past.  I just need to be updated to deal
with tablespaces.
ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/checkfile.*

Let me know if you want details.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com