Re: "save history" problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: "save history" problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:33:40PM -0400, David F. Johnson wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this problem:

<snip>

> test=# \q
> could not save history to file "/usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history": Permission
> denied

I don't know about the platform, but shouldn't that refer to your home
directory?

> Other installations of stable releases of 8.x.x did not have this problem,
> though I'm just now running it under Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.6).  I'm guessing
> it's a Tiger issue but I don't know what to do about it.

Something like: \set HISTFILE 'blah' should do it, check the docs.

> That said, shouldn't
>     /usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history
> be
>     /usr/local/pgsql/.psql_history

There's no difference (semantically) between the two...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment