Re: Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andrew Chambers
Subject Re: Oracle Analytic Functions for PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
* Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> [2006-04-21 14:13:36 -0700]:

> I'll try to do my best to answer you questions.  But you might get a better response on the
> general mailing list.
>

> > It seems that PostgreSQL does not  offer the
> > equivalent (maybe because they do not belong to standard SQL?).
>
> >From what I understand, PostgreSQL strongly support Standard SQL.

I think the OP knows that and is suggesting that might be why PostgreSQL
does not provide the analytic functions he describes.  (i.e. the
functions are not part of the standard).

regards,
Andy