Re: Howto: Using PITR recovery for standby replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Howto: Using PITR recovery for standby replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> I am a newbie, so I essentially invoked pg_dump from with pgAdmin3,
> with the defaults (including large objects).  This is the command
> being issued:
>
> .C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin\pg_dump.exe -i -h 172.20.0.32 -p 5432 -U postgres -F c -b -v -f "C:\Documents
andSettings\administrator.MS\testbk.backup" events

> What I assumed was happening (and I may have very well been wrong) was
> that I was getting a consistent backup of the object at the time that
> it was processed, but not the database as a whole.

This command should produce a consistent dump of all the objects in the
database.  (Not a consistent view of each object in isolation, which is
AFAIU what you are saying.)

Next question is, how are you restoring this dump?