Re: bug in windows xp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: bug in windows xp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:15:54AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > Not that I know of. However, the first step is to add this regression
> > test for SIGFPE [-patches CCed].
>
> This seems completely pointless.  The question is not about whether the
> SIGFPE catcher works when fired, it's about what conditions trigger it.

Well, depends how you look at it. The original bug report was about a
backend crash, which is what happens if you don't catch the SIGFPE. Can
we guarentee that we know every situation that might generate a SIGFPE?

Besides, isn't this what you were referring to here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-04/msg00091.php

Otherwise we should just fix int4div.