Re: [BUGS] bug in windows xp - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [BUGS] bug in windows xp
Date
List pgsql-patches
[Re: Uncaught exception when dividing integers]

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 10:50:24PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Is anyone working on this?

Not that I know of. However, the first step is to add this regression
test for SIGFPE [-patches CCed]. Note that this will probably redline
windows on the buildfarm. Once this has been added and all
architechures are in compliance, we can deal with the integer overflow
problem.

Triggering a SIGFPE is a bit tricky. On my i386 system the integer
divide will do it, but the rest just return +inf. Given there are
systems that don't SIGFPE the integer divide, I hope one of the others
will trigger... For UNIX systems I've made it try kill() first, that
seems the most reliable.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment