Re: pgsql www arch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: pgsql www arch
Date
Re: pgsql www arch  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 15:14, Guido Barosio wrote:
> define: "if nothing else, we could use someone to hammer on the new
> techdocs code"

:-)  Creating a community account and loging in to the site. Going through the
links that have been generated and see if the work. If you spot errors then
modifying a page and see if that all works.

> Or request me something, my skills go through 3 years of perl, some
> php experience, plenty of html knoweledge.  I can give 1 hour per day,
> for a start, but I would apreciate some following of my tasks. I don't
> know how / who keeps the eye on the new-starters.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
* Add an option to buildsite script in the tools directory to regenerate a
specific page and/or pages not linked to anything
* Add some form of geolocation to users profiles that we can use later.
* Save the information currently sent to the bugs mailing list into a table in
the database.

I also need to go through the techdocs website and begin sifting through the
content that has been added, this might drum up a few more things.

> A heavy linux user, almost 8 years of lazy gentoo usage. Solaris and
> RH server maintenance.

wow, i dont think we use any of those. :-)

> Indeed, the  task list in the site seems out of date. (2004 tasks)

the one at http://xzilla.postgresql.org/todo ?  it was actually pretty
accurate, though could probably use some new tasks.   Currently on my plate
also is testing the s9y blog 1.0-beta software. While thats not directly
working on the pg project, we use it for planetpostgresql and will be
updating to it eventually.  If you wanted to help with that no one would
complain.

--
Robert Treat