Re: Two issues involving unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Two issues involving unsubscribe
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:42:38AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Marc, all:
>
> First off, I'd love to see some unsubscribe links available at
> www.postgresq.org/community/lists.   Currently you have to drill
> down via the archives to get to the unsub links; this confuses a lot
> of users ( I know I didn't find it on the first try) and as a result
> I end up fielding about a dozen "how do I unsubscribe" questions a
> week.

I get a few fewer.  I've committed a change to
template/en/community/lists.html that should make things a little
clearer.

> Second, (this is for Marc) I'd like to know what's possible in the way of
> banning certain addresses from subscribing, either to specific lists or to
> all lists.  What I want to ban is:
> 1) anyone from uol.com.br or other domains which use email-back security;

Amen!

> 2) certain people who cronically put on vacation notices without suspending
> their subscriptions;

Meh.

> 3) users like the one today who sent me a profanity-filled request to
> unsubscribe.

Yes, she's really something else. :P

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!