Re: BUG #2317: Wrong sorting order for (VW) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
Subject Re: BUG #2317: Wrong sorting order for (VW)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:03:59AM +0100, Tomas Klockar wrote:
[...]
> I would say that sorting V and W as the same character may work in a=20
> dictionary [...]

> Currently the sortingfunction in postgreSQL have disqualified itself=20
> from beeing used, and I do the sorting in java which treat them as=20
> separate caracters.
>=20
> This is my 5 cent,

Tomas, as it has been said, PostgreSQL uses the operating system's
locale. So you can do two things: change it (e.b. to C , which is
neutral) or fix it. If you are on an unix-like OS, man 5 locale might
help with that.

Regards
-- tom=C3=A1s