Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jan de Visser
Subject Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thursday 09 March 2006 15:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> Is it possible to get a stack trace from the stuck process?  I dunno
> if you've got anything gdb-equivalent under Windows, but that's the
> first thing I'd be interested in ...

Here ya go:

http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack1.jpg
http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack2.jpg
http://www.devisser-siderius.com/stack3.jpg

There are three threads in the process. I guess thread 1 (stack1.jpg) is the
most interesting.

I also noted that cranking up concurrency in my app reproduces the problem in
about 4 minutes ;-)

With thanks to Magnus Hagander for the Process Explorer hint.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!