Re: posgresql server connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan de Visser
Subject Re: posgresql server connection
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 09 March 2006 11:31, Mongi LASSOUED wrote:
> Hello
> I have the postgresql installed on Fedora Core 4. I have set
> tcpip_socket=true
> in posgresql.conf file and specified the host ip adress in pg_hba.conf
> file. When i start the postmaster i have this error:
> FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "tcpip_socket"
> can you help me??!!
> thanks and regards

FC4 comes with pgsql 8.0. AFAIK tcpip_socket is 7.x. On 8.x you set
listen_addresses to the interface you want to listen on or '*' for all.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!