"...unknown user name or bad password" error during install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christophe Roux
Subject "...unknown user name or bad password" error during install
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I am trying to install PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on windows xp. This computer had previous versions of postgresql installed but they have been uninstalled.
When the installer reach the window Service Configuration, I keep the default values  and add a password. I am getting the error:
 "Invalid username specified: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password"
My understanding is that it is not normal.
I searched a little and found BUG #1873 by L
ee Benson with an error quite similar to the one I am facing. But that does not help me out much..
Any idea on what I should do?
Thanks a lot in advance
JCR