Re: Obtaining client IP address - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Obtaining client IP address
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 12:16:31AM +0100, Alexis Paul Bertolini wrote:
> The client has no idea what public IP it has. The server ought to
> know... however I haven't found how I could get this info into my query.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running?  In 8.0 and later you
can use inet_client_addr().

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-info.html

I forget if earlier versions have a way to get the client's IP
address without resorting to hacks (e.g., writing a function in a
privileged language like plperlu and calling netstat or lsof).

--
Michael Fuhr