Re: List search broken? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: List search broken?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 07:24:33PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >Right, but nether Google Groups, nor Oleg's site, search
> >http://archives.postgresql.org ... isn't there a way of telling Google
> >to search for results only on site http://archives.postgresql.org?
> >What I'm more curious about is whether there is a problem with the
> >ASPseek stuff, or is there a problem with archives itself that the
> >search engines aren't picking up those pages you mention are missing,
> >altho they do show up when one does a physical check of them ...
>
> site:archives.postgresql.org infinity
>
> In the google search box.

If Google (as opposed to Google Groups) doesn't find a recent page
then it's hard to know whether Google had trouble indexing that
page or if they haven't attempted to index it yet.  Does anybody
know how fast Google usually finds new messages in the archives?
The most recent message I found from myself on Google was from
11 Feb, so if they're usually faster then maybe that can narrow
down when the problem started.  Do the web server logs show anything
interesting?

archives.postgresql.org appears to stop on 17 Feb; searching for
common words like "select" and names of frequent posters doesn't
find anything newer than that.  Maybe that's an additional clue
about when something went awry.

--
Michael Fuhr