Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> The only thing we'd lose is that dropping a column
> originally declared as serial wouldn't implicitly drop the sequence.

Wasn't that the primary purpose that the main coder for dependencies did
the work for?  AFAIR the fact that the sequence wasn't dropped was a big
gotcha.  Everyone was annoyed any time they wanted to experiment with
creating and dropping a table.