Re: psql tab completion enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joachim Wieland
Subject Re: psql tab completion enhancements
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 04:15:32PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > - Should all the
> >     const char* foocompletion = { "BAR", "BAZ" };
> >   be changed to
> >     char* foocompletion = { "BAR", "BAZ" };

> Removing const decoration sure seems like the wrong direction to be
> going in.  Why can't you still have const on the functions that expect
> to take non-modifiable lists?

ok, one could duplicate the functionality of complete_from_list() and add a
function complete_from_malloced_list() or similar (or refactor both such that
they call a third function that does the actual work - if possible). I will
do that if this is what you're proposing.

Joachim