Re: Postmaster errors - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Postmaster errors
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:34:44PM -0500, mcelroy, tim wrote:
> That was it, a fellow admin is watching the postmaster with OpenNMS....

I think OpenNMS has a way to set up a custom poller that can do
anything you want (e.g., connect to the database, issue a query,
check the results).  I was playing with that a year or two ago; at
that time the OpenNMS documentation was pretty scant but I remember
coming across the feature in the release notes or some other document.
Monitoring the database with such a poller would tell you more about
whether the service is available than a simple TCP connect does.

--
Michael Fuhr