Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?
Date
Re: Alternative to knoda, kexi and rekall?  (Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:43:18PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL since more then 6 years now and for 1 1/2 years
> "rekall".  Now there is a problem with the crapy QT and I have no
> Frontend anymore which works WITHOUT (!!!) KDE or GNOME which I hate!

You mean you want a frontend that does not use GTK+ or QT? Just plain
Xt or Athena? Good luck, as straight X toolkit is quite complicated
compared to those two.

I just use psql, but you appear to feel you need a graphical client.

apt-cache search postgresql seems to suggest:

dbengine - A plug 'n play Web interface for mySQL and PostgreSQL
dbishell - Interactive SQL shell with readline support
pgaccess - Tk/Tcl interface to PostgreSQL
sql-editor - editor of SQL databases, with 'join' capability

Anyone know any other non-text based clients?

Attachment