Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:14:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> [ thread moved to pgsql-performance ]
>
> I've obtained a gprof profile on Stephan's sample case (many thanks for
> providing the data, Stephan).  The command is

<snip>

Something I'm missing is the calls to tsearch functions. I'm not 100%
familiar with gprof, but is it possible those costs have been added
somewhere else because it's in a shared library? Perhaps the costs went
into FunctionCall1/3?

Have a nice day,

Attachment