Re: InfoWorld on open source databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: InfoWorld on open source databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 12:16:06AM -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/01/16/73777_03OPeditor_1.html
>
> Per Zack Urlocker's blog. I noticed that Sean McCown has a blog post
> that elaborates on the "problem" with open source DBMSs:
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/archives/2005/12/an_answer_to_op.html
>
> although most of his specific criticism is directed toward MySQL.

He directed no specific criticism toward any other DBMS.  In a way,
this is encouraging, as it's a kind of straw man attack, and it's
pretty obvious when people do these.  The thing we really have to
worry about is that there are people at Microsoft (SQL Server
division) and Oracle who know PostgreSQL quite well, are hostile to
it, and have large marketing budgets.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!