Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum (off-topic?) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Crozier
Subject Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum (off-topic?)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wednesday 18 January 2006 14:52 pm, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> I think it's a good idea, but you should take a look at the recently
> added functionality that allows you to investigate the contests of the
> FSM via a user function (this is either in 8.1 or in HEAD; I can't
> remember which).

I will look at this when time allows.  Perhaps there is a combination of
triggers on stat tables and asynchronous notifications that would provide
this functionality without getting too deep into the vacuum's transaction
logic?

Were it too integrated with the vacuum, it would likely be too much for
contrib/, I assume.

thanks,

  Michael