Re: Infrastructure monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Infrastructure monitoring
Date
Re: Infrastructure monitoring  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www
People:

> I assume you talk about the nagios monitoring? Or are there perhaps even
> now multiple sets of monitoring? (Dave has a nagios installation up at
> least).

For those of you who haven't seen Hyperic, think of Nagios with a fancy web UI
including notification management, scheduled tasks, historical reporting, and
specific monitioring tools for PostgreSQL databases and other common
applications.    As a comparison,  Nagios::Hyperic --> ed::vi  or
amanda::Arkieka

The one hitch there is that all of this functionality would require that
Hyperic have a server to collect data and run the web interface -- it has
substantial resource consumption.  Possibly Hyperic LLC would supply this
too, in exchange for a case study, but we'd have to ask them.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions