Re: NOT LIKE much faster than LIKE? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrea Arcangeli
Subject Re: NOT LIKE much faster than LIKE?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:46:53AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Not with that data, but maybe if you increased the statistics target for
> the column to 100 or so, you'd catch enough values to get reasonable
> results.

Sorry, I'm not expert with postgresql, could you tell me how to increase
the statistic target?

In another email you said you applied a patch to CVS, please let me know
if you've anything to test for me, and I'll gladly test it immediately
(I've a sandbox so it's ok even if it corrupts the db ;).

Thanks!