Re: improving write performance for logging

From: Michael Stone
Subject: Re: improving write performance for logging
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (dlang, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Kelly Burkhart, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Ian Westmacott, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ron, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
      Re: improving write performance for logging  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
       Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
        Re: improving write performance for logging  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: improving write performance for logging  (Michael Stone, )

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:00:06AM -0500, Ian Westmacott wrote:
>We use RAID50 instead of RAID0 for the tables for some fault-tolerance.
>We use RAID0 for the WAL for performance.
>
>I'm missing the implication of the question...

If you have the WAL on RAID 0 you have no fault tolerance, regardless of
what level you use for the tables.

Mike Stone