Re: Does VACUUM reorder tables on clustered indices - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Does VACUUM reorder tables on clustered indices
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 06:36:45PM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> If I'm considering clustering the Slony-I "sl_log_1" table, forcing it
> into memory *is* something I'll consider doing in order to minimize
> the time that would-be writers are blocked from writing...

Given what Tom Lane recently reported (and assuming I understood his
remarks), I think it's a Mighty Bad Idea to CLUSTER sl_log_1.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland