Re: horology regression test failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: horology regression test failure
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> It's not all that uninteresting, because "make check" is essentially an
> instance of exercising the relocatability feature.

That just means that the test suite is testing features that are not of
interest to certain groups of users; it doesn't declare a feature
intesting.

(Certainly the test suite failure should be fixed, but I don't consider
making arbitary installations relocatable as necessary or restricting
arbitrary installations as acceptable.)

--
Peter Eisentraut