Re: Installation trouble - Solved - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Installation trouble - Solved
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I don't know about that because I am hoping to start provided .debs as
> well and
> .debs are going to be at a minimum /linux/debs/ubuntu
and /linux/debs/debian

But Debian packages are not only available on Linux.  (The same is
reportedly true of RPM, but I don't know of a practical example.)  I
think debian, redhat, etc. are the operating system names that parallel
"win32".  "linux" should just disappear.  And so should "rpms" or
"debs" unless it's part of the tree's internal organisation.

--
Peter Eisentraut