Re: 10g v. PostgreSQL 8.0 v. MySQL 5 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: 10g v. PostgreSQL 8.0 v. MySQL 5
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 03:58:33PM -0500, Robert Bernier wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It was pointed out that I struck a nerve in my last posting. There's always a polite way of voicing criticism. It
wouldhave made for a less confrontational argument if I had taken my happy pill this morning and stuck to the facts
thatI was arguing rather than ranting with strange sounds coming from my mouth about somebody I've never met.

> For the record, I am quite prepared to defend my analysis of the methodology used in the the article itself.

FWIW, I never claimed the article was good. ;) I just thought it was
interesting that the author went in with a pro-Oracle bias and ended up
judging us the winner (even though at least one of his scores for
PostgreSQL was lower than deserved be a wide margin).