Re: timestamp <-> ctime conversion question... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: timestamp <-> ctime conversion question...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 08:21:20PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 10:28:42AM -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > As far as I know there isn't a way to defeat this.  However, the
> > developers' TODO file does have the following item:
> >
> >     Allow TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE to store the original timezone
> >     information, either zone name or offset from UTC
> >
> > Presumably this would allow timestamps to be displayed with a
> > timezone other than the current setting.
>
> *Display* of timestamptz values at arbitrary time zones is
> already possible using the "at time zone" syntax.

But the result is a timestamp without time zone and thus doesn't
display the target time zone.  In other words, you can display a
timestamptz *at* another time zone but not *with* another time zone.
That's what I was talking about, and that's what I think the OP
wants.

--
Michael Fuhr