Re: How much expensive are row level statistics? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: How much expensive are row level statistics?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:53:36AM +0000, Carlos Benkendorf wrote:
> I would like to use autovacuum but is not too much expensive
> collecting row level statistics?

The cost depends on your usage patterns.  I did tests with one of
my applications and saw no significant performance difference for
simple selects, but a series of insert/update/delete operations ran
about 30% slower when block- and row-level statistics were enabled
versus when the statistics collector was disabled.

--
Michael Fuhr