Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas
Date
Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> If you are superuser, you can do anything you want, up to and including
> breaking the system irretrievably.  Compare "rm -rf /" on Unix.  We
> won't be putting training wheels on superuser status for the same
> reasons that no one finds it a good idea to restrict root's abilities.

However there is an effort to get rid of root in some Unix lands,
separating its responsabilities with more granularity.  Maybe there
could be an effort, not to hand-hold the true superusers, but to
delegate some of its responsabilities to other users.