Re: initdb detecting date order - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: initdb detecting date order
Date
Re: initdb detecting date order  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Er, is that really a good idea?  It will make it impossible to
> document what the "default" behavior is;

I think a localized default behavior is more important than a fixed
default behavior for everyone.  We already adjust the locales and
encodings in initdb and this is just a natural extension of that theme.
No robust application will rely on the default setting anyway; if you
want to be sure you have to set it or at least query it anyway.

> among other things, this
> will probably break installcheck regression tests.

The regression tests are not affected by this (which may itself be an
issue of concern).

--
Peter Eisentraut