How: single db, multiple users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From P G
Subject How: single db, multiple users
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

I am new to PostgreSQL and come from an DB2
background.  I currently have v8.0.3 up and running.
So far, it looks great!

One area I am confused about is how to set up
databases and users.  I can currently create
databases, but I am having difficulty in assigning
mutiple users to those databases.  For example, I have
set up one database for a large project.  There are
several users that need to have access to that
database: create tables, insert, delete, select,
update, etc.  The documentation talks about a single
user-database associations but is not clear on how to
have multiple users on a single database.

Are there any best practices that I could follow in
settings these up for various projects and databases?
Or if this is a simple thing to do, any pointers on
how to do it?

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com