Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Frank van Vugt wrote:
> <TL>
> > No.  There are two StartTransactionCommand calls in autovacuum.c, and
> > what I'm suggesting is to add the ActiveSnapshot assignment after each
> > one.
>
> I've changed autovacuum.c per this diff, I 'hope' I misinterpreted what needed
> to be done (see below):

No, that diff is exactly what I applied.  But I think you must have done
something else wrong, because while I can reproduce the crash easily on
the unpatched tree with your example, it certainly does not crash on CVS
HEAD.

Test case attached for the curious ...

Attachment