Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Frank van Vugt wrote:
>
> > Since I started to use v8.1 I've been seeing incidental segfaults of the
> > autovacuum process, probably when it is kicking in at some particular point
> > during the pg_restore of a database:

[...]

> The attached patch should correct the problem, but I'd like to make sure
> it does ...

I managed to make it fail, and the patch does indeed correct the
problem.  I'm applying to both HEAD and the 8.1 branch.  If you could
confirm that it fixes the problem for you, that'd be good.

Thanks,